Garlic Shrimp & Creamy Ricotta Cauliflower-Spinach Grits
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
This recipe includes succulent shrimp and super flavorful and creamy grits. The ricotta addition takes it over the top, adding a delectable texture and volume! This whole meal comes together in less than 20 minutes and is paleo, dairy-free, and keto-friendly.
Depending on your preferences/needs, you can use regular ricotta or dairy-free, and you can also feel free to add Cajun flavors to the shrimp. If you prepare ahead of time, you should store the shrimp and cauliflower rice separately. You do not want to overcook the shrimp by heating them together!
What You'll Need For This Recipe:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic + 1 clove minced garlic
4 cups thawed cauliflower rice
1 ½ cups spinach
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup dairy-free (or regular) ricotta
½ cup dairy-free creamer (I used the coconut one from Trader Joe’s)
½ pound shrimp, thawed
Salt and pepper to season shrimp
1 tablespoon ghee
4 teaspoons coconut aminos
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic + 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 cups thawed cauliflower rice
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup dairy-free (or regular) ricotta
- ½ cup dairy-free creamer (I used the coconut one from Trader Joe’s)
- ½ pound shrimp, thawed
- Salt and pepper to season shrimp
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- To make the grits, heat a sauté pan over medium high and add the oil.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 mins until softened.
- Add the 2 cloves of minced garlic and sauté until fragrant (about a minute).
- Add the cauliflower rice and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, garlic powder, ricotta, and creamer.
- Mix everything in the sauté pan together and cook the mixture until the ricotta is mixed well and the liquid absorbed. Set aside.
- Pat the shrimp dry and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ghee to a pan over medium high, then add the shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes on one side.
- Flip the shrimp and add coconut amino, 1 clove of minced garlic and cilantro.
- Toss and turn off heat after two minutes.
- Add your desired amount of grits to a medium-sized bowl, top it with the shrimp mixture.