Grilled Chipotle Coconut Lime Shrimp Skewers with Mango and Tomato Stuffed Avocado Boats
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
I made another zoodle side today to go with this BBQ shrimp I made using Trader Joe’s bbq spice. The simple flavors of the zoodles combined well with the BBQ spice of the shrimps. To add some healthy fats, I added an avocado and topped it with some sesame seeds. I also made a balsamic yogurt dressing to go with it.
To make this BBQ Shrimp and Creamy Balsamic Mustard Zoodle Salad, you will need:
-Trader Joe’s Coffee BBQ rub (or any other bbq sauce/spice you have)
-zucchini or pre-made zoodles
-fresh cherry tomatoes
-almond milk yogurt (or any other unsweetened yogurt you like)
How do you make this BBQ Shrimp and Balsamic Mustard Zoodle Salad?
First, make the shrimps. Season the shrimps with Trader Joe’s Coffee BBQ rub. Heat a pan with the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the shrimps to the pan and sear for 2 minutes per side.
Next, make the zoodles. To make the zoodles, toss the zoodles with the tomatoes, basil, and balsamic yogurt dressing.To make the dressing, combine the balsamic reduction with the mustard and yogurt and mix until smooth.
Finally, add the shrimps, zoodles, and avocados onto a plate and serve!
- -1 lb wild shrimps
- -1 tbspTrader Joe’s Coffee BBQ rub
- -1 tbsp olive oil
- -2 zucchini, made into zoodles
- -½ cup tomatoes, sliced
- -⅓ cup chopped basil
- -2 small avocados
- Balsamic Yogurt Dressing
- -2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- -1 tsp Dijon mustard
- -½ cup almond milk yogurt
- Season the shrimps with Trader Joe’s Coffee BBQ rub. Heat a pan with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimps and sear for 2 minutes per side.
- To make the zoodles, toss the zoodles with the tomatoes, basil, and balsamic yogurt dressing.
- To make the dressing, combine the balsamic reduction with the mustard and yogurt. Mix until smooth.
- Add the shrimps, zoodles, and avocados onto a plate. Serve and enjoy!