Creamy Cashew Ramen Noodles, Sesame-Maple Garlic Mushrooms with Sweet Chili Shrimp & Kimchi
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
Calling all ramen lovers! I was craving ramen and I had a couple pounds of mushrooms and kimchi on hand from the Asian mart, so it was perfect timing. I chose a veggie-based soup with a creamy broth using cashew instead of a clear ramen broth.
This dish could be made with any protein...the creamy broth is made in under a minute in the blender, and the only real cooking involved is the mushrooms, since the shrimp and veggies are steamed. If you want to prepare ahead of time, you could store the mushrooms and the broth separately, and add noodles and cooked veggies of your choice when you want to eat it.
What You'll Need For This Recipe:
2 tablespoons cashew butter (I used @georgiagrinders)
2 cups broth (I used @bonafideprovisions bone broth)
3 tablespoons soy sauce (1 tablespoon separated)
2 teaspoons sriracha
2 tablespoons coconut milk
2 tablespoons white miso
3 cups mixed mushroom, cut up
1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup broth
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Steamed mini shrimp 1 pound cooked mini shrimp
12 ounces vermicelli noodles
Steamed bok choy or other cooked veggie (optional)
Sesame seeds, scallions, and lime to garnish
Sweet Chili of your choice
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter (I used @georgiagrinders)
- 2 cups broth (I used @bonafideprovisions bone broth)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (1 tablespoon separated)
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 3 cups mixed mushroom, cut up
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup broth
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Steamed mini shrimp 1 pound cooked mini shrimp
- 12 ounces vermicelli noodles
- Steamed bok choy or other cooked veggie (optional)
- Sesame seeds, scallions, and lime to garnish
- Sweet chili of your choice
- Start by blending together the cashew butter, broth of choice, soy sauce, sriracha, coconut milk, and white miso until smooth. Place the mixture in a saucepan and set aside to heat.
- Onto the prepping the shrimp - toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the sweet chili in a bowl, and set aside.
- Remove the broth from heat, and then heat coconut oil over medium high in a separate saucepan, and add the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the broth, coconut amino, rice vinegar, garlic, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and sesame oil to the mushrooms.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes until the liquid evaporates and the mushrooms caramelize.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, add the noodles to hot water and cook according to the instructions on the box. Set aside.
- Once the mushrooms are done cooking, heat the sauce over medium. Add a couple ladle scoops of broth to each bowl, add the noodles, mushrooms, and top with shrimp, mushrooms and scallions.
- If you would like, top your bowl off with some bok choy, kimchi, sesame seeds and lots of scallions and lime.