Citrus-Agave Glazed Salmon
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
I wanted to make a sweet sauce for my salmon using agave syrup since, typically, I would go for honey. I love the combination of citrus combined with agave - and immediately thought of my favorite tangerine and a lime margarita. In my fruit basket was winter Cara oranges, and after implementing them into the recipe, the outcome was magnificent! Clementines or sumo citrus could also be used. Furthermore, you could replace the lime with lemon. Honey is a suitable replacement for agave, but keep in mind it will change the flavor. Lastly, if you do not like salmon, shrimp or halibut could be used instead.
This dish goes very well with avocado! It is excellent over a salad or with a warm tortilla and guacamole.
What You'll Need for This Recipe:
4 portions salmon ( 4-5 ounces each)
Salt and pepper to season
2 packets organic virgin coconut oil from @simpletruth4u
1 large garlic clove, minced
½ cup orange juice
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons blue agave syrup from @simpletruth4u
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon sriracha
- 4 portions salmon ( 4-5 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 packets organic virgin coconut oil from @simpletruth4u
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup orange juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons @simpletruth4u blue agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Pat the salmon dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium heat, sear salmon skin side up for four minutes (do not move) then flip and cook for another three minutes. Remove and set on a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the orange juice, lime juice, agave, orange zest and sriracha. Increase the heat to medium high, and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 3-4 minutes until the liquid has slightly thickened.
- Add the salmon back to the pan, and spoon the sauce over the salmon. Cook for about 2-3 minutes more until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!