Buffalo-Sweet Chili Shrimp & Roasted Pepper Baked Crispy Street Tacos
About this Recipe
This dish appeals to lovers of sweet and spicy flavors, shrimp, and of course, tacos! Packed in flavor with a touch of heat, these tacos allow you to savor each bite you dive into.
Tacos can be viewed as comfort food, and using soft shell tortillas while making them crispy is the ultimate win in my book. Feel free to use any sweet condiment of your choice; BBQ or sweet chili both work well! Extra small shrimp make it easy to fill and fold the tortillas, but a larger salad size is just as delicious. Keep in mind, cumin, garlic, and oregano could provide added flavor; You can also substitute any dairy-free or regular shredded cheese for your tacos. Just be sure to serve with lots of guacamole!
What You'll Need For This Recipe
½ tablespoon olive oil
8 street taco size tortillas
1 pound mini sweet peppers
1 pound extra small shrimp (thawed)
2-3 tablespoons dairy-free shredded mozzarella (or cheese of choice)
Greens and cabbage/red onions/dairy-free ranch dressing for garnish
Flavors and Spices
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon oregano
3-4 tablespoons hot sauce
2-3 tablespoons sweet chili
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound extra small shrimp (thawed)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons sweet chili
- 8 street taco size tortillas
- 2-3 tablespoons dairy-free shredded mozzarella (or cheese of choice)
- greens and cabbage/red onions/dairy-free ranch dressing for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread mini peppers on a sheet pan and bake for 10-15 minutes until they are slightly charred and cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium-high. Add the shrimp plus the salt, cumin, garlic powder and oregano. Sauté for about 3 minutes, then add the hot sauce and sweet chili.
- Reduce to medium and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- When the peppers are done cooking, remove them from the oven and slice.
- Spread the tortillas out on a sheet pan, add shredded dairy-free mozzarella and place under the broiler for 1 minute or so. Remove, then add the sliced peppers, shrimp and some greens.
- Fold the tortillas over, then brush the tops with oil and place under the broiler for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, and garnish with shredded cabbage, red onions and dairy-free ranch dressing.