The Crispiest Ranch Seasoned Fries with Creamy Honey-Buffalo Aioli
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
Are you a French fry and/or crispy potato lover? This crowd-pleaser of a comfort-food recipe is for you! Homemade ranch seasoning on the fries, as well as spicy dip with a little honey for some sweetness. The flavor of ranch is paired well with the buffalo, working together in this recipe. Feel free to omit the honey for the spicy dip, as well as using sweet potatoes or mini potatoes instead of russet. Serve as a snack, appetizer, or side dish, and enjoy!
What You'll Need for This Recipe:
1 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion granules
1 teaspoon dried chives
1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder (½ teaspoon separated)
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ pounds russet potatoes
1-2 tablespoon arrowroot starch (or tapioca or corn)
1 ½ tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
4 tablespoons mayo (vegan if needed)
2 tablespoon Greek style yogurt (dairy-free if needed)
2-4 tablespoons hot sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder (½ teaspoon separated)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoon arrowroot starch (or tapioca or corn)
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 4 tablespoons mayo (vegan if needed)
- 2 tablespoon Greek style yogurt (dairy-free if needed)
- 2-4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- In a small bowl, make the ranch seasoning blend by combining the dill, salt, onion granules, chives, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and pepper. Set the blend aside.
- Cut the potatoes into “fries”. Soak them in a large bowl filled with ice water for 30 minutes (or more), then drain, pat dry and place them in a new, dry bowl.
- About 10 minutes before you are ready to bake the potatoes, preheat the oven to 400.
- Toss the potatoes with your starch of choice, then toss with melted oil, plus the ranch seasoning blend. Spread the potatoes out on a sheet pan and bake for 40-50 minutes (flipping halfway).
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the aioli. Whisk mayo, yogurt, hot sauce, honey, oregano, and ½ teaspoon garlic powder together!
- Serve with aioli and enjoy!