5-Minute Creamy Tomato-Balsamic Pasta with Halloumi and Spinach
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
***This post is sponsored by Otamot Foods. All opinions are of my own.
Pasta is one of my weekly staples, especially on busy nights. I’ve been making this sauce on repeat lately. It takes only 5 minutes to make and when I cook a bunch of pasta ahead of time, dinner is on the table in ten. I used Otamot Foods’ Spicy Organic sauce to make it, which I absolutely love. It is made with over 12 vegetables, no preservations and has no added sugar! All the kids love the sauce, which makes preparing meals for your family easier! Otamot’s products are available nationwide at Whole Foods and they have a variety of other sauces for you to choose from too, making it a great pantry staple.
If you want a fuss-free meal, this Creamy Tomato-Balsamic Pasta is for you!
So to recap, why would you like this Tomato-Balsamic Pasta?
-It takes only 5 minutes to make.
-It is made with a quality pasta sauce.
-It is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe.
-It is filling and packed with flavors.
What are the ingredients needed to make this recipe?
-Fresh halloumi cheese
-Cooked pasta of choice
-Fresh cherry tomatoes
-Extra virgin olive oil
-Otamot’s Spicy Organic Sauce
How do you make this Creamy Tomato-Balsamic Pasta?
First, add the olive oil, Otamot’s sauce, the balsamic vinegar, yogurt, and garlic powder to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add the sauce to a small saucepan along with the spinach and basil. Heat over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
While the sauce is heating, heat a little olive oil in a second sauté pan over medium-high heat. Pan-fry each slice of halloumi. Remove and set on a plate. Add the sauce to the pasta and toss to combine. Add in the cherry tomatoes and toss again. Add salt to taste. Serve the pasta with the halloumi cheese slices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for pan
- 1 cup Otamot’s Spicy Organic Sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 12 ounces pasta of choice, cooked
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Add the olive oil, Otamot’s sauce, balsamic vinegar, yogurt and garlic powder to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a small saucepan along with the spinach and basil. Heat over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is heating, heat a little olive oil in a second sauté pan over medium-high heat. Pan-fry each slice of halloumi for about 30-45 seconds per side until browned. Remove and set on a plate.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and toss to combine. Add in the cherry tomatoes and toss again. Add salt to taste.
Serve the pasta with the halloumi cheese slices. Enjoy!