Creamy Rosemary Chicken Piccata
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
If you want an alternative to a piccata without wine or broth, this lemon chicken dish is exactly what you are looking for! This is a whole-30 meal that takes approximately 25 minutes to make.
I decided to create a flavorful piccata with just water, herbs, and spices. The addition of fresh rosemary elevates the flavors to a whole new level! You can use chicken breast - just pound them thinly. Using a different flour or tapioca starch instead of arrowroot will do! Serve with rice, noodles, veggies, or veggie noodles.
What You'll Need For This Recipe:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
Salt and pepper to season chicken
¼ cup and 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 ½ tablespoon ghee
1 ½ cups water
¼ cup light canned coconut milk
3 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup coconut amino
2 garlic cloves, minced
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons capers
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to season chicken
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee + 1 ½ tablespoon ghee
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup light canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup coconut amino
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper, then toss them with ¼ cup starch.
- Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon ghee over medium high and sear the chicken in batches for about 4 minutes per side, then set aside on a plate.
- Blend together the water, coconut milk, lemon juice, coconut amino, garlic, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons starch until smooth. Then, add the mixture to the pan with capers, rosemary and 1 ½ tablespoon ghee. Heat and whisk for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, cover and cook for another 7-9 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.