Mixed Herb Pesto and Salmon Pasta Salad
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
I have been running around all day...vet appointment with my little girl, Trader Joe’s run (check my stories), cleaned out my fridge, and used up all the leftover herbs I had to make this pesto before they went bad! It’s my favorite way to save on waste, and I haven’t shared this before. Basically you just use whatever herbs you have on hand (see below for this one). This lunch came together in no time, all I did was boil the pasta and make the pesto (which took 5 minutes).
What do you need to make this pesto?
-pasta of choice
-Fresh herbs including stems
-nuts of choice
-salt and pepper
How do you make this Mixed Herb Pesto?
To make the pesto, add all the - herbs, olive oil, coconut aminos, garlic, lemon juice, nuts of choice, salt and pepper to a food processor and process until smooth. Serve the pesto with the pasta and any other ingredients you prefer.
- 1 16-ounce box pasta of choice
- 1 ½ cups herbs including stems (I used basil, parsley, cilantro and a little mint)
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 teaspoon of lemon juice (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons nuts (I used walnuts)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- Optional: cooked protein of choice (I used leftover salmon, but any smoked salmon, shrimp, chicken, fish, tofu or tempeh would work)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- To make the pesto, add all the - herbs, olive oil, coconut aminos, garlic, lemon juice, nuts of choice, salt and pepper to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve the pesto with the pasta and any other ingredients you prefer.