Mediterranean Baked Feta Bruschetta with Pesto Shrimp Toast
About this Recipe
I HAD to jump on this Feta Pasta trend, while of course, adding my twist! Though I am a massive proponent for creating dishes that can be easily modified, I would not suggest dairy-free feta because it melts. This recipe works best with a creamy feta block, so I would not recommend feta crumbles either. The result is best eaten right away or as cold leftovers since it does not reheat to the same consistency.
Roasted tomatoes and creamy cheese bring the Italian flavors you crave while being served warm. Altering this trend, I made this recipe to include pesto-coated shrimp, making it a full protein-packed sheet pan. You may decide to omit the pesto or shrimp, which is fine. This dish can be served with crackers or sliced and roasted potato rounds instead of bread as well. So many options! Since it is a one-pan meal, this would make a fun super bowl app with mini toasts or crackers. Perfect for a crowd and genuinely an easy and fun meal to prepare!
What You'll Need For This Recipe:
1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
3 cloves garlic, smashed
¼ cup red onion, sliced
¼ cup black olives
½ lemon, sliced
½ pound shrimp
Block of feta, coated with olive oil on both sides
Seasoning and Sauces-
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Block of feta, coated with olive oil on both sides
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup black olives
- ½ lemon, sliced
- ½ pound shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil and sprinkle the oregano and thyme over a sheet pan.
- Add the block of feta and press it down and side-to-side so the bottom gets coated in the oil and spices.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, onion, olives, and lemon.
- Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the top and add some cracked black pepper and fresh dill.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, toss the shrimp in pesto. When the 15 minutes is up, add the shrimp to the pan (spread out evenly).
- Bake for 8 minutes, then place under the broiler for 1 minute.
- Serve with bread (optional).