There is nothing like a creamy sauce over some pasta. Probably one of my favorite comforts in life is curling up on a cool fall day with a big bowl. This tahini based sauce is seriously tantalizing to the taste buds. It has a cheesy flavor coupled with a little bit of smoke that comes from the touch of liquid smoke. Pairs perfectly with any veggies that you might want to add. I also love to use this as a dressing on salads. Serve it with any pasta shape!
- 1 cup of water or veggie broth
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 drops liquid smoke
- Bring 1 cup of broth or water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic, cover and reduce to medium heat.
- Cook for about 12-15 minutes until onion and garlic are tender. Remove from stove, drain and reserve extra liquid.
- Add the garlic, onion, Tahini, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, coconut aminos, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, liquid smoke along with 1/4 cup of the reserved liquid to a high speed blender. Blend until very smooth. (If you want a thinner sauce, you can add more water.)
- Pour over pasta of choice.
- Optional: add fresh spinach and toasted tomatoes.