Meatless Monday today called for something special!!! So I made this tofu recipe, and it is delicious!!! I love that tofu takes on the flavors you add and can get so crispy and caramelized. I served this with a mixture of cauliflower rice and quinoa, sesame seeds, broccolini and mushrooms, blood orange, avocado and some of my homemade maple/tamari roasted cashews.
- 1 Block Firm Tofu (14oz)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons miso paste
1. Cut tofu into cubes or triangles.
2. Press your tofu between two paper towels and place a heavy object on top. Set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Make the marinade. Mix together all the marinade ingredients .
4. Place tofu in a bowl and pour the marinade on top. Let it sit for about 15 minutes (fridge helps).
5. Preheat oven to 425 and place tofu on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Do not discard marinade. Cook for 20 minutes, and flip tofu halfway. After 20 minutes, take tofu out of the oven and carefully spoon the remaining marinade on top of the tofu. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes…or until tofu looks caramelized and crispy.