Balsamic Baked “Blooming” Onion
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
Well I made a slightly healthier version. And let me tell you it was delicious! A slow baked "blooming" onion seasoned with balsamic, fresh thyme, coconut aminos, salt, pepper and olive oil. Recipe below! You know those blooming onions?
- One medium red onion
- One tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- One tablespoon coconut aminos
- One tablespoon olive oil
- A couple sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut the tip off of the onion and slice onion in half leaving about a half inch at the bottom.
- Continue to cut across and into 8 separate parts.
- Place in an oven safe dish root side down.
- Mix together the other ingredients and pour over the onion.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for about 25 mins covered then remove tinfoil and bake for another 10 uncovered.
- Enjoy! I paired it with some baby potato fries and guacamole!