Light and Creamy Tomato, Spinach and Feta Salmon.
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
What You Need
Baking & Spices
Feta cheese (dairy-free counts!)
- 4 portions of salmon (4-5 ounces each)
- 1 Onion
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup broth (I used chicken bone broth)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tbls fresh thyme (or 1.5 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 10 ounces spinach (I used frozen---thawed first)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (dairy-free or regular)
1. First take the salmon, pat them dry, and season with salt and pepper. Then slightly brush the salmon with some olive oil.
2. You can then heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil over medium heat and sear the Salmon. For this make sure to sear the skin side up first for 4 minutes and then flip to the other side and leave for 3 minutes. You can then remove and set it on a plate.
3.. Add one one chopped onion to the pan with 1 more tbsp ghee/coconut oil, sauté for 2 minutes, then add 1 cup fresh chopped cherry tomatoes and 2 cloves garlic Then again sauté for another 2 minute.
4. Finally add 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup broth (I used chicken bone broth), 1/2 cup canned coconut milk, 1 tbsp fresh thyme (or 1.5 teaspoon dried), 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 10 ounces spinach (I used frozen---thawed first) and 1/4 cup feta cheese (dairy-free or regular), and cook for 7 minutes until the broth slightly bubbles. Lastly add the Salmon and cook for 5 minutes.
5. You can then serve it hot, light and Creamy Tomato, Spinach and Feta Salmon.