Easy Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb with Honey-Olive Oil Feta
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
***This post is sponsored by Superior Farms. All opinions are of my own.
The cooler weather calls for all the comfort food! I like keeping meals easy but delicious, especially during the week. I partnered with Superior Farms to bring you this delicious meal that takes very minimal effort. Lamb might look intimidating to make, but it is actually one of the easiest meat to prepare. Plus, it cooks in much less time than an oven roast, so it is pretty ideal even on weeknights.
Superior Farms produces all-natural, American lamb and is a brand committed to sustainability, which is an important value to me. Their lambs are set to pasture across large grasslands, grazing on natural vegetation. As a result, they have higher quality meat, which does make a big difference in your dishes. Even better, they now deliver straight to your door (visit www.superior-farms.com to order). I seasoned the rack with a mix of spices that really brighten this dish up. My secret ingredient is a little cocoa powder. It really complements the flavors. Serve the lamb with some crusty gluten-free sourdough and this delicious feta cheese, and you have dinner on the table in no time. Plus, the cheese and the lamb make great leftovers.
So to recap, why would you like this Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb?
-It is filling and packed with flavors.
-It is an easy, yet impressive meal to have.
-It is paired with homemade honey-olive feta.
-It is made in under 35 minutes.
What are the ingredients needed to make this recipe?
-fresh lemon Juice
How do you make this Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb?
First, on a small dish mix together the spices- cocoa powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, ground cinnamon, and garlic powder. Pat the rack of lamb dry and season generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
Heat 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil over medium-high in a large oven-safe sauté pan. Sear the lamb, skin side down for 4 minutes until browned. Remove and set on a plate. Cover the rack of lamb with the spice blend, making sure to get all areas of the lamb. Place the rack on the baking sheet, and cook on the center rack for 20-25 minutes. Remove, rest on the rack for 7-10 minutes, then slice between each bone.
Olive Oil Honey Marinated Feta
- 5 ounce feta cheese block
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 chopped scallion
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 rack lamb at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the feta. Cut the feta into ⅓-inch thick slices, then break into halves.
- Add the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, peppers, scallions and salt to a small bowl. Mix with a fork to combine. Then, add the feta cheese. Set aside. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small dish mix together the spices- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Set aside.
- Pat the rack of lamb dry. Season generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil over medium-high in a large oven-safe sauté pan (cast iron is best). Sear the lamb, skin side down for 4 minutes until browned. Remove and set on a plate.
- Cover the rack of lamb with the spice blend, making sure to get all areas of the lamb.
- Place the rack on the baking sheet, and cook on the center rack for 20-25 minutes (20 will be a more rare result like seen here).
- Remove from the oven, rest on the rack for 7-10 minutes, then place on a cutting board and slice between each bone.
- Serve with greens, the feta, toasted bread of choice, cucumbers, roasted red peppers and red onion.
This recipe is so easy! To whip it up yourself, head over to www.superior-farms.com to order your sustainably-raised American lamb to be delivered straight to your door. Be sure to use my special promo code STARINFINITE for free 2-day shipping. Superior Farms has two packs to choose from, including the Sizzling Grill Pack, which includes 2 boneless legs of lamb and 4 1-lb. packs of ground lamb, or the Lamb Rack Party Pack, which includes 4 8-rib racks of lamb.