Paleo Olive-focaccia bread!
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
Trying to do more plant based...though this does have egg whites. The cheese I used is @daiyafoods And the dipping sauce is tofu based. Added some artichokes, roasted tomatoes and olives.
- 2/3 one large Plantain (yellow and brown not green) (about 75-80 grams)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (18 grams)
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of ground psyllium husk
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4cup fresh parsley/herbs (I used thyme as well)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Dried rosemary
- Sliced olives
- Optional: 1 tablespoon olive oil (I have made it with and without...depends on if you want the flavor or not
- Optional: cheese for the top (I used Daiya dairy free cheese
- Olive oil for brushing the top
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Blend first six ingredients in a blender (I used Nutribullet).
- Spoon out batter into a bowl. Mix in fresh herbs.
- Spray a piece of parchment paper with oil, then place on cookie sheet.
- Spread batter out so that it is a square shape and about 3/4 inch in thickness.
- Brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle on fresh rosemary, olives and sea salt.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until cooked through and brown on the top.
- If you want to add cheese, sprinkle on top and broil for a minute until cheese melts...careful not to burn!
- Remove, cool and cut up into breadsticks.