Easy Savory French Toast
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
I don’t know about you, but this week has felt all out of sorts. Each day, something has come up where I get pulled away from any project that I’m in the middle of. Yesterday I had a SPLITTING headache that I couldn’t get rid of and I ended up throwing in the towel at 4 o’clock to take a nap, which is so unlike me!
But damn it felt necessary and I’m glad I did. Sharing this Savory French Toast I made a couple weeks back for lunch! I hadn’t made savory French toast in too long and I was reminded how much I love it! Do you like savory or sweet best? Let me know in the comments below!
Here are the ingredients I used to make this Savory French Toast:
-salt and pepper
-non-dairy milk of choice
-2 slices bread of choice
- -1/2 cup cherry/grape tomatoes
- -1 teaspoon olive oil
- -1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- -1 egg
- -3 tablespoons non dairy milk
- -1/4 teaspoon salt
- -1/4 dried thyme,
- -a dash of coconut aminos
- -2 slices bread
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the cherry/grape tomatoes with the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake the tomatoes for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the french toast. Mix together the egg, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, thyme, pepper and a dash of coconut aminos in a small bowl.
- Heat some ghee over medium heat over the stove in a sauté pan.
- Dip the two slices of bread in the egg mixture, making sure to pierce the bread with a fork so it absorbs the mixture.
- Add the slices into the pan and fry for 2 minutes or so per side until it has a golden brown color. Serve topped with avocado, tomatoes, fresh dill, eggs and smoked salmon with a drizzle of tahini (optional).