Caprese Pesto Quesadillas
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
I made these quesadillas earlier for lunch and probably the best freaking 10-minute meal ever! I used my dairy-free mozzarella in these and a kale basil pesto I made last night! Paired them with some mashed avocado, chopped tomatoes tossed with some of that pesto and BOOM!
If you are looking for a simple meal to make these quesadillas are for you. All you will need are:
-olive or coconut oil
-chopped roasted almonds
-clove of garlic
-coconut aminos (optional)
-red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- -2 cups chopped kale (including stems)
- -1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- -5 tablespoon olive oil
- -3 tablespoon chopped roasted almonds
- -1 clove chopped garlic
- -1 tablespoon lemon juice
- -1/2 teaspoon salt
- -1 tablespoon coconut aminos (optional)
- -red pepper flakes to taste
- -dairy-free (or fresh regular) mozzarella
- -sliced tomatoes
- Heat some olive or coconut oil over a pan (I use cast iron) over medium-medium high.
- Smear some pesto on the tortillas, add some dairy-free (or fresh regular) mozzarella, a couple sliced tomatoes and cook for about 30 seconds-1 minute, then fold over and serve!
- Topped with some fresh basil and scallions.
- To make the pesto, add the chopped kale (including stems), chopped fresh basil, olive oil, chopped roasted almonds, garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, coconut aminos (optional) and red pepper flakes to a food processor or blender. Process or blend until pesto forms.