Dairy-Free, Egg-free Ricotta Spinach Meatballs and Roasted Red Pepper Tahini Sauce
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
Celebrating the day with these Dairy-Free, Egg-free Ricotta Spinach Meatballs and Roasted Red Pepper Tahini Sauce. I got some messages asking for more meatball recipes, so I am here to serve! These meatballs are super easy, only six ingredients (two of those ingredients are salt and pepper). The sauce is ready in just ten minutes and made from all pantry ingredients! I topped with dairy-free feta and dill.
If you want to make these meatballs, here is what you will need:
-meat of choice (I used beef, but you could use any ground meat)
-dairy-free ricotta (or regular dairy)
-roasted red pepper
-broth of choice
-chopped garlic (or garlic granules)
-potato starch (could sub with tapioca or cornstarch)
- 1 pound meat of choice (I used beef, but you could use any ground meat)
- 1/2 cup dairy free ricotta (or regular dairy)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup frozen thawed spinach (squeeze the liquid out)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup minced onion
- I large roasted red pepper (about 3/4 of a small jar)
- 1 cup broth
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (or garlic granules)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbls coconut aminos
- 1 tsp potato starch (could sub with tapioca or cornstarch)
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make the meatballs. Mix together meat of choice, ricotta, 1/2 teaspoon salt, spinach, pepper, and minced onion with clean hands. Form into 2 inch meatballs and bake for about 20-22 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, make the sauce. Add the roasted red pepper, broth, lemon juice, chopped garlic (or garlic granules), onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, hot sauce, dried basil, tahini, olive oil, coconut aminos, potato starch (or tapioca or cornstarch), and honey to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth then bring to a boil and reduce heat for about 5 minutes while whisking until it thickens.
- Serve the sauce with the meatballs when ready to serve. Enjoy!