Beet Greens Pesto
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
The love for pasta is never-ending. I can have a bowl every day with the endless sauces you can make like this Beet Greens Pesto. Serve this pasta with any protein and veggies you want. I served mine with shrimps and roasted tomatoes.
What do I need to make this Beet Greens Pesto?
-beet greens, stems removed
-Handful of herbs (I used basil/cilantro but you can use any other)
-red pepper flakes
How do I make this Beet Greens Pesto?
It’s super simple. All you have to do is throw all the ingredients for the pesto into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Toss the pesto in any pasta you want. Enjoy!
- 4 cups beet greens, stems removed
- Handful of herbs (I used basil/cilantro but you can use any other)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ pine nuts
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Add all the ingredients into a big bowl or into a food processor. Blend using a hand blender or process in a food processor until smooth!
- Enjoy with your favorite pasta, veggies or any other meals you want to use them in!