Savory Miso Scallion Oats
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
Everyone says breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why are our breakfast options so boring? You walk into the grocery store, pick out some sugary cereal and start your day off with the same bowl every day. Well, let me tell you, this recipe will have you excited for breakfast in the morning.
I have made this recipe at least 3 times this past week and once for dinner too! If you are an oatmeal fan, you will HAVE to try this. Even though it is made with minimal ingredients, this recipe is packed with flavors and so filling. The oats absorb the seasoning so well, creating savory oatmeal that will have you hooked.
What’s to love about this recipe:
Can be made vegan
Can be made gluten-free
Loaded with fiber
Requires only 7-ingredients: old fashioned oats, miso paste, broth of choice, tamari sauce, coconut aminos, and fresh scallions
Ready to start? Here’s how you make this breakfast!
To make this Savory Miso Oatmeal Bowl, all you have to do is add all the ingredients together in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until the oats thicken. Pour this into a bowl you like and add as many toppings as you want. So easy and super delicious!
Step up your breakfast with this savory miso scallion oatmeal bowl! Made with minimal ingredients, this is the perfect filling and nourishing breakfast to have.
- 1 cup gluten-free, old fashioned oats
- 2 ½ cups broth of choice (vegetable for vegan option)
- 2-3 tbsp scallions, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp miso paste (I used brown miso, but white miso would work too)
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- ½ tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients into a pot. Bring to a boil, stir and reduce heat to medium-low and low to simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring every couple minutes.
- If you want to add some sweetness, add some maple syrup.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Optional to top with smoked salmon, avocado, baby spinach, and a soft boiled egg. Enjoy!