Savory Miso Scallion Oats
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
Before I head off with my family to go play with some puppies today, as we are planning an addition to our family this year, I wanted to share this savory oatmeal bowl with you. I do not know what it has taken me so long to try savory oats, but I’ve been hooked on them.
I made this recipe at least 3 times this past week and once for dinner too! If you are an oatmeal fan (I hope you are!), you will HAVE to try this. Even though it is made with minimal ingredients, it is packed with flavors and so filling. The oats absorb the seasoning so well.
THIS SAVORY MISO SCALLION OAT BOWL IS:
Here is what you will need to make this Savory Miso Scallion Oatmeal Bowl:
To make this Savory Miso Oatmeal Bowl, all you have to do is add all the ingredients together in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until the oats thicken. Pour into a bowl you like and add as many toppings you like. Easy to make right? I hope you can give it a try!
- 1 cup gluten-free, old fashioned oats
- 1 ½ tsp miso paste (I used brown miso, but white miso would work too)
- 2 ½ cups broth of choice (vegetable for vegan option)
- 1 tsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- ½ tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp scallions, chopped
- Add all the ingredients into a pot. Bring to a boil, stir and reduce heat to medium-low and low to simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring every couple minutes.
- If you want to add some sweetness, add some maple syrup.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Optional to top with smoked salmon, avocado, baby spinach, and a soft boiled egg. Enjoy!