Grain-free peanut-butter blossoms (2-ways)!
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
What You Need
Baking & Spices
Coconut sugar (or raw cane sugar)
Peanut butter (or almond butter)
Marshmallows or peanut butter
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or raw cane sugar)
- Marshmallows or peanut butter
1. To begin, preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a small bowl, mix arrowroot starch and baking soda together.
3. In a separate bowl, mix peanut butter (or almond butter), eggs, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and coconut sugar (or raw cane sugar) together. Whisk these together or use an electric mixer to mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, 1/2 cup at a time and form a dough.
5. Once the dough is formed, roll into balls, and then roll these balls in additional sugar.
6. Bake on a baking sheet for 9-10 minutes.
7. Remove immediately and press a chocolate of choice (I used small peanut butter cups) or marshmallows into the center.
8. Allow to cool completely before serving.