15-Minute Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Cashew Chicken
About this Recipe
By: Caitlin Greene
Happy Monday loves. I’m back sharing content after a week away. I hope you are all doing well. It’s been quite a week this last week...a lot going on in the world.
A little recap of my week: I spent the time I typically would on social media, seeking out new content/brands and information and found myself immersed and inspired. I also, on a personal level, had previously planned to do my final rounds of retesting recipes for my cookbook, so I spent a lot of time in my kitchen. I shared an update about my support for the Black Lives Matter movement moving forward, and just because I am posting as usual, my support continues. I wouldn’t say this is back to “normal,” but instead a shift of perspective while continuing my own journey.
Today, I’m sharing this chicken I made for dinner which was made from a few ingredients I had laying around...it was DELISH. Here are what you will need to make this Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Cashew Chicken.
-chicken thighs (or breast)
-salt and pepper
-red bell pepper
- -1 pound chicken thighs (or breast)
- -salt and pepper
- -1 tbsp coconut oil
- -1 chopped red bell pepper
- -1 teaspoon minced garlic
- -1 teaspoon minced ginger
- -1 cup chopped pineapple
- -1/4 cup raw cashews
- -1/2 tablespoon sriracha
- -2 tablespoon sweet chili
- -1/4 cup coconut aminos
- -1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- Cut the chicken thighs (or breast) into chunks and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium high, add the chicken and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the red bell pepper, minced garlic, minced ginger and chopped pineapple and sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the raw cashews and sauce (directions below) and continue to stir until sauce has thickened and reduced and chicken is cooked through.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the sriracha, sweet chili, coconut aminos, and tapioca starch until well combined.
- Serve the chicken over steamed cauliflower rice and topped with scallions and chopped cabbage (optional).