Tarts are probably one of my favorite desserts. They can be light or decadent, and the flavor possibilities are endless. Chocolate will forever have a place in my heart, and this chocolate banana tart is my go to when I’m looking for an easy but fancy dessert. This recipe doesn’t call for any baking, and it requires just a simple few steps. The crust is made from cashews and oats, and it has just a small amount of sweet from unrefined coconut sugar. The sweetness in the chocolate filling comes mostly from the bananas. Serve this at your next dinner party and I promise it will be a hit.
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used @julianbakery chocolate beef protein)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (@nunaturals )
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (@nutiva)
Sweet potato layer-
- 1/2 @friedasproduce purple sweet potato boiled
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter melted
- 2 tablespoons @foragerproject unsweetened cashew milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or sub stevia-or omit!) 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 scoop @sportsresearch beef gelatin
- Mix together coconut flour, cocoa and protein powder in one bowl.
- Melt coconut oil and butter together, then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into muffin cups and press down gently. As it cools will become less sticky.
- Boil the sweet potatoes and drain most of water except for about 1 tablespoon.
- Place into mini food processor with other ingredients. I used my mini @cuisinart.
- Process until thick and creamy.
- Spoon on top of chocolate layer, and then gently press down.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Place in freezer for about 30 min-hour until firm.