Here it is all! My paleo purple sweet potato hummus! Don’t get me wrong, there is NOTHING wrong with chickpeas, but this hummus is BEAN-FREE and SO DELICIOUS! The sweet potato makes it so creamy and sweet, and using the purple variety makes it beautiful too! You could completely sub orange or white sweet potatoes for the the purple without compromising flavor and texture. I notice the purple ones are a bit dryer when roasted than the orange, so if you do sub then you might want to reduce the amount of water you use.
- 1 pound @friedasproduce purple sweet potatoes roasted the skin removed
- 1/3 cup water (add more at the end if needed)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil OR MCT oil (I’ve done both, depends on if you want the olive oil flavor or not)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor, and add more water if needed. Salt/pepper to taste! Enjoy!